Saturday, June 13, 2009

A very disturbing story.

A story that shocked me to my very core.

A 33 year-old female doctor was shot by his father. It was all over our local news here.

She was my sister-in-law’s colleague, neighbor and friend.

I don’t know her personally, but I’d like to be her on the last day of her life.


March 14,2009; 6:30 am

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I tried to open my heavy eyelids and thought about my plans for today. I stretched my arms and legs as far as possible to gear me up for this unexpected day. I sat up and closed my eyes for a brief prayer of thankfulness.

I checked my phone for new messages and checked my calendar as well.

We have a conference at WestTown hotel with my colleagues. I prepared my clothes and laid them on my bed carefully. I took my shower longer than the usual.

Ate my breakfast and hurriedly went to the hotel.


It was so nice to be around people who share your interest in your profession. We chatted up non-stop because some of them I haven’t seen in years.

I listened to the lecture, took a few notes, and ate the free food.

Time just sprints when you’re having such a wonderful time. I then went to SM to buy some personal stuff because they were having a sale.

I had a little too much fun strolling around that the sun was long gone when we stepped out of the mall. I went home stat.

I had this bad weird feeling as I opened our gate.


I heard war.

War of swear words.

Coming form my mom and my drunken dad.

I was hesitant to open our door.

But I did enter.

My dad was pointing the gun straight at my mom’s face.

I joined the screaming party.

I was shouting words, I couldn’t remember them.

My mind was so outraged with all the chaos

The screaming and the madness continued for a couple of minutes.

I closed my eyes.

And in a split second, I realized that he was going to do it.

Pull the trigger.

And without any hesitations, I jumped in front of my scared mother..

And felt the bullet burning in my chest.


I took my last breath.


copyright 2009: by emery gem gallinero, written out of confusion. :)


No comments: